This decadent dessert is simple to make and deliciously creamy, with a crumbly orange-biscuit base.
A delicate no-bake mousse cake, rich and flavorful and not too sweet.
Tips for Making a Perfect Cheesecake
How to make the Crust:
1. Instead of digestive biscuits, you can use graham crackers or shortbread biscuit;
If you use graham crackers, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
2. To crush the biscuit: Add cookies to a large freezer bag and and crush with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs;
3. You can use a food processor or blender to grind up the biscuits;
For this no-bake crust: Refrigerate the crust for at least 30 min before filling it. Chilling the crust before adding the filling solidifies the melted butter mixture, ensuring a compact crust.
How to thicken the Cream:
1. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone filling gently so you don’t deflate the air. The air creates a delicious mousse-like consistency and solidifies the filling in the refrigerator.
2. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6-8 hours, but overnight is better, for a sturdy no-bake cheesecake with beautifully neat slices.
How to dissolve gelatine leaves
Soak gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5-10 minutes or until soft. Remove from bowl and squeeze out excess water. To dissolve the leaves, slowly warm the mixture to a low heat and add the soaked gelatine leaves.
Photos Recipe, Step by Step: Make The Crust:
Make The Cream:
For the Crust
250g digestive biscuits, crushed
1/2 orange, juice
40 ml milk chocolate, melted
60g unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
4 tsp coffee powder
3 tsp hot water
4 gelatine sheets
125 ml whipping cream
4 Tbsp superfine sugar
1 packet (1 1/2 tsp) vanilla sugar
For the Glaze and Fruit Topping
4 gelatine sheets
50 ml apricot juice
assorted fruit (apricots -fresh or canned, strawberries, mandarin, peaches, blueberries, raspberries) - sliced into wedges
Video Recipe - Step by Step
Prepare the Crust
1. Grease and line with parchment paper a 20 cm (8-inch ) springform pan.
2. In a saucepan, over low heat, melt de butter. Add the chopped chocolate. Remove from heat and stir until the chocolate is melted.
3. In a medium bowl, add the crushed biscuits (See tips). Stir in the orange juice and melted butter-chocolate, until well incorporated. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Prepare the Filling
4. In a small saucepan, soak the gelatine with water, for 5 minute, until soft.
5. Dissolve the coffee powder in hot water. In a large bowl, cream the mascarpone with coffee.
6. In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with sugar, and vanilla sugar, until stiff peaks.
7. Gradually, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture - See tips! 8. Heat the gelatine over low heat, stirring until gelatine is dissolved. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool slightly. Gradually stir the gelatine into cream mixture. Spread the cream onto crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Prepare the Glaze
9. Soak gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
10. Meanwhile, arrange the fruits over the cream.
11. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets. In a saucepan, over low heat, combine the gelatine with the juice apricot. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it slightly cool. Pour over the fruits and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram!
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." - George Harrison