This refreshing Lime-Yoghurt Cheese-cream mousse provides a tangy filling for this light sponge.
2 Tbsp water
1 pinch salt
50g all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
For the Filling
8 gelatine sheets
225g cheese cream
750g plain yogurt
1 cup whipping cream
2 limes, zest, untreated
1 packet vanilla sugar
3 Tbsp powder sugar
For the Glaze
4 gelatine sheets
3 limes, untreated
Make the Sponge Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line with parchment paper a 25 cm (9-in.) springform. In a bowl, combine the flour, corn starch and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks. In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 2 tablespoons cold water until stiff. Gradually, add sugar and salt beating constantly, until sugar is dissolved and whites hold stiff. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour mixture in.
3. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
Make the Filling
4. In a saucepan, put 8 sheets of gelatin in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes, until it becomes soft.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and the yoghurt until smooth. In another bowl, whip cream, powder sugar and vanilla till thick.
6. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin with 3-4 tablespoons of yoghurt cream over low heat, until completely dissolve. Stir into the cheese cream-yoghurt mixture. Fold whip cream into mixture. Add lemon zest.
7. Place a springform pan ring on a serve plate. Transfer the sponge cake inside. Pour the mixture cream cheese-yogurt-whipped cream over the sponge. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Make the Glaze
8. In a saucepan, put gelatin sheets in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes, until it becomes soft. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets.
9. In a saucepan, over low heat, combine the gelatin with the juice from 3 limes and honey. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it cool.
10. Pour over the mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or over night. Decorate with lime zest and lime slices.
There is no love sincerer than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw