Fresh limes serve as the star flavor of this Cheesecake, which is blended with luscious, creamy, sweet cheese cream. The whole thing is nestled between a fluffy sponge biscuit and topped with lime glaze.
Prepare this gorgeous, citrusy dessert in advance for your next gathering. It’s sweet, tangy, creamy and so luscious! Made with fresh lime juice and zest.
2 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp water
1 pinch salt
50g all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
For the Filling
8 gelatine sheets
225g cream cheese
750g plain yogurt
1 cup whipping cream
zest from 2 limes, organic
2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
For the Glaze
4 gelatine sheets
3 limes, organic
Prepare the Sponge Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line with parchment paper a 25 cm (9-in.) springform. In a bowl, combine the flour, corn starch and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 2 tablespoons cold water until stiff. Gradually, add sugar and salt beating constantly, until sugar is dissolved and whites hold stiff. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture.
3. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the Filling
4. In a saucepan, put the gelatine in cold water and let them soak for about 5 - 6 minutes, until it becomes soft.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and the yoghurt until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until thick.
6. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets. In a saucepan, combine the gelatine with 3 - 4 tablespoons of cheese cream mixture over low heat, until completely dissolve. Stir into the cheese cream mixture. Gradually fold in whipped cream. Add lemon zest.
7. Place a springform pan ring on a serve plate. Transfer the sponge cake inside. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the sponge. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Prepare the Glaze
8. In a saucepan, put gelatine sheets in cold water, and let them soak for about 5 - 6 minutes, until it becomes soft. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets.
9. In a saucepan, over low heat, combine the gelatine with the juice from 3 limes and honey. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it cool.
10. Pour over the mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or over night. Decorate with lime zest and lime slices.
There is no love sincerer than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw