by Feli Chic'Cuisine
Cheesecake with yogurt and lime is a dessert that combines the creamy, rich texture of traditional cheesecake with the tangy, fresh flavors of yogurt and lime. The creamy filling is placed on a sponge cake base, instead of the traditional graham cracker crust.
The zesty flavor of the lime balances well with the sweetness of the cheesecake, making it a perfect dessert choice for special occasions and gatherings. This dessert is garnished with lime zest and served with whipped cream or fruit for a twist of taste and design.
Typically, a cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of a crust, usually made from graham crackers, ginger snaps, or shortbread, and a smooth and creamy filling made from cream cheese, whipping cream, and flavorings such as vanilla or lemon.
Here are some tips to make a cheesecake:
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and creamy cheesecake that is perfect for a special day or any time you want a delicious and special dessert.
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Using high-quality ingredients, such as full-fat cream cheese and fresh fruit, will result in a better-tasting cheesecake;
2. Soften cream cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is soft before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth and creamy filling;
3. Whip cream to stiff peaks: When making the whipped cream topping, beat it until stiff peaks form. This will help it hold its shape and not collapse onto the filling;
4. Avoid over-mixing: Over-mixing the filling mixture can cause it to become too soft and unable to set properly.
5. Chill filling before spreading: Chill the filling mixture in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before spreading it over the crust. This will help it firm up and make it easier to spread.
6. Set in the refrigerator: Allow the no-bake cheesecake to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or until firm - overnight is better
It is typically chilled before serving and can be garnished with fruit, whipped cream, or sauce. Cheesecake is a rich and indulgent treat that is loved for its smooth texture and tangy flavor.
How to prepare the Cheesecake
Prep. Time and bake Time: 50 min
Chill Time: 6 h
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp water
1 pinch salt
50g all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
For the Filling
8 gelatine sheets
225g cream cheese
750g Greek yogurt
250ml (1 cup) whipping cream
zest from 2 limes, organic
2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
For the Glaze
4 gelatine sheets
2 limes, organic
1 tsp honey
Prepare the Sponge Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line with parchment paper a 25 cm (9-in.) springform. In a bowl combine the flour, corn starch and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 1 tablespoon cold water until stiff. Gradually, add sugar and salt beating constantly, until sugar is dissolved and whites hold stiff. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture.
3. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the Filling
4. In a saucepan, put the gelatine in cold water and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes, until it becomes soft.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and the yoghurt until smooth. In another bowl, beat the whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets. In a saucepan, combine the gelatine with 3-4 tablespoons of cheese cream mixture over low heat, until completely dissolve. Stir into the cream cheese mixture. Gradually fold in whipped cream. Stir in the lime zest.
7. Place a springform pan ring on a serve plate. Transfer the sponge cake inside. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the sponge. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
Prepare the Glaze
8. In a saucepan, put gelatine sheets in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes, until it becomes soft. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets.
9. In a saucepan, over low heat, combine the gelatine with the juice from 2 limes and honey. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it slightly cool.
10. Pour the gelatine glaze over the filling and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Decorate with lime zest and lime slices, and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
'There is no love sincerer than the love of food.' - George Bernard Shaw
*All Photographs on Feli Chic'Cuisine, signed Feli Chic'Cuisine are copyrighted.