by Feli Chic'Cuisine
Healthy, rich, velvety, creamy and smooth, this Sweet Potato Soup is so easy to prepare - with only a few ingredients. It's the perfect combination of creamy coconut milk, sweet potato, and a variety of other flavors.
The perfect balance of sweet and spicy gives this soup a comforting taste. Moreover, this soup is vegan and gluten-free by nature.
In this recipe, sweet potatoes and coconut milk are the main ingredients. Both of these are miracle foods, packed with nutrition and delicious at the same time.
Health Benefits of Sweet potatoes:
They are low glycemic which help manage diabetes;
They are high in magnesium and potassium which helps regulate blood pressure;
The best sources of Vitamin A because they contain high levels of beta-carotene;
They are high fiber, so ideal for digestion....
Amazing Benefits of Coconut Milk:
Strengthens the immune system - It assists the body in fighting infections caused by bacteria, viruses, and fungi;
Prevention of anemia - Coconut milk has significant quantities of iron;
Promotes gastrointestinal health - Coconut milk is a healthy substitute for individuals that are lactose intolerant...
Sweet Potato Coconut Cream Soup is a healthy, vegan, fasting soup that can be served with sliced green onions, croutons or garlic toast.
Prep. Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 40 min
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
3 medium sweet potatoes, diced into cubes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 cups vegetable broth or water
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
Salt and fresh grounded pepper, to taste
Sliced green onions, for garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat, warm the oil and add the chopped onion. Cook 3 min or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and sauté another minute, until fragrant.
2. Stir in diced sweet potatoes, chili powder, smoked paprika, and pour in vegetable broth or water. Partially cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until are easily pierced with a fork.
3. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until completely smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor; blend until completely smooth.
4. Return the soup to pot over low heat, and stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Season with more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
5. Serve in warm bowls. Garnish with coconut milk and green onions.
''Vegetables, herbs and spices. If you can combine those ingredients, that would be the best dish you'd ever cook.'' - Rinrin Marinka