Fresh, simple, quick, and delicious! A delicate and elegant cheesecake, this one is made with Greek yogurt and whipped cream, contains less sugar, and has a butter biscuits, and hazelnut base.
A healthy, delicious, and easy dessert, this No-bake Cheesecake will surely become a new favorite!
Why Greek Yoghurt?
Greek yoghurt is an excellent source of calcium, contains probiotics, which support a healthy bacterial balance in the gut.
The difference between the regular yoghurt and Greek yoghurt is that the latest is a thicker, creamier yoghurt with twice the protein content. Greek yoghurt is strained three times, so most of the liquid is removed.
Prep Time: 25 min
Chill Time: 3 h
For the Crust
150g butter biscuits, crushed
3 Tbsp hazelnuts
100g butter, melted
For the Filling
400g Greek yoghurt
60g caster sugar
180g cranberries in jar, compote, drained
8 red gelatine sheets
200 ml whipping cream
Make the Crust
1. Grease and bottom line with parchment paper a 20 cm (8-in) springform pan.
2. Place the hazelnuts in a skillet and toast over medium heat for a few minutes, until they are close to toasted.
3. Place the biscuits in a large ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Repeat the procedure for hazelnuts.
4. In a medium bowl, combine crushed butter biscuits, crushed hazelnuts, and stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
Make the Filling
5. In a saucepan put the sheets of gelatine in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, and sugar. Set aside.
7. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets. In a saucepan, combine the gelatine with 1-2 tablespoons of yoghurt mixture over low heat. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Gradually stir the dissolved gelatine into yoghurt mixture. Gently fold in the drained cranberries.
8. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold it into yoghurt mixture. Pour over biscuit crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Decorate with cranberries and grated chocolate.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram!
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much" - George Harrison