A delicious no bake cranberry cheesecake recipe! Creamy, rich and refreshing with a crunchy biscuit base. This quick and easy cheesecake recipe with yogurt will become your newest favorite!
For the Biscuit Base
150g butter cookies, crushed
110g butter, melted
For the Filling
500g yoghurt (Greek yoghurt)
70g caster sugar
200g cranberries in syrup, drained (safe 3 tablespoons for decoration)
8 red gelatine leaves
250ml whipping cream
1 organic lemon, juice and zest
dark chocolate, to decorate
Make The Biscuit Base
1. Line a 20cm (8 inches) springform pan with baking paper. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, place the hazelnuts and toast over medium heat for a few minutes, until they are close to toasted (not quite fragrant).
3. Add cookies to a large freezer bag and and crush with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs. Repeat the procedure for hazelnuts.
4. In a bowl, combine crushed cookies and crushed hazelnuts. Mix with the melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate.
Make The Filling
5. Add the gelatin leaves to a bowl with cold water and let soak for about 5-7 minutes, until it becomes soft.
6. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined. Add the cranberries (drained). Set aside.
7. Add the soaked gelatin leaves to a small saucepan and heat up gently. As soon as the gelatin has melted, add about 1-2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture to the saucepan and mix with the gelatin. Gradually stir the disolved gelatin in yogurt-cranberry mixture, and mix well.
8. In a mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold into yoghurt-cranberry mixture.
9. Pour into the springform pan on top of the butter cookies base and smooth out the top. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Decorate with cranberries and grated chocolate.
All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much - George Harrison