Enjoy this no-bake cheesecake with a hint of almond and strawberry flavor made with mascarpone and low-fat Greek yogurt to make it lighter, and topped with ground pistachios.
Strawberry Amarettini Cheesecake calls for amaretti biscuits, which you can usually find in your local grocery store, but not always. Almond biscotti, almond macaroons and graham cracker crumbs can all be used in place of amaretti cookies in this recipe.
What does amaretti taste like?
Amaretti biscuits are airy, delicate little cookies that are hard and have an intense sweet almond flavor. Made from either ground almonds or almond paste they can take on slight variations in flavour, often flavoured with chocolate or liqueurs. Traditionally served with coffee, dessert wines or liqueur, but also a delicious addition or ingredient in many desserts.
Healthy, easy to make and delicious, this no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake is a healthier version of The original Cheesecake recipe and taste great!
Prep. Time: 25 min
Chill Time: 4 h
For the Crust
130g butter biscuits, crushed
70g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
90g butter, melted
For the Filling
500g Greek yoghurt (reserving 4 tablespoons), low fat
3 tsp vanilla sugar
8 gelatine sheets
300g strawberries, reserve some for decoration
Make the Crust
1. Grease and line with parchment paper a 23 cm (9-in) springform pan.
2. Place the butter biscuits in a large ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Repeat the procedure for the amaretti biscuits.
3. In a medium bowl, combine crushed butter biscuits, crushed amaretti, and stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling.
Make the Filling
4. In a saucepan, put the sheets of gelatine in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the mascarpone, yoghurt, and vanilla sugar until smooth. Set aside.
6. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatine sheets. In a saucepan, over low heat, combine the gelatine with 3 - 4 tablespoons of yoghurt and stir until gelatine dissolves. Gradually stir it into yoghurt mixture. Fold in 2/3 chopped strawberries.
7. Pour the filling over biscuit crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Decorate with sliced strawberries and chopped pistachios.
I know that if odour were visible, as colour is, I'd see the summer garden in rainbow clouds - Robert Bridges