This pie is a beautiful harmony of flavors!
150 g flour
1 tsp dried yeast
100 g coconut, powder
2 1/2 tbsp (40 g) superfine sugar
1 pinch salt
100 g butter, plus 15 g for pie plate
1 large egg
6 ripe nectarines
2 large eggs
4 Tbsp (50g) superfine sugar
50g coconut flakes
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, coconut, sugar and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Cut in butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. In small bowl beat the egg. Make a well in the mixture flour-butter and pour the egg tossing until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Grease a 23 cm (9 inch) pie pan. Place the pastry dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough into a 30 cm (12-inch) circle. Using the paper, easy lay it inside the pie plate. Gently press the edges into the sides of the pan. Prick the bottom with a fork. Place in the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to 190 °C (380°F).
MAKE THE FILLING
5. Peel the nectarines and cut them into strips. Place them over the dough in the pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. In a medium bawl, add the 2 eggs, sugar. and beat until foamy. Add the coconut flakes and mix well. Return the mixture to the pan. Sprinkle with butter and bake for 20 minutes or until golden-brown. Cool slightly before serving.
7. Decorate with the sliced nectarines and coconut flakes. Serve with Crème Fraîche, if desired.
“Taste, which enables us to distinguish all that has a flavor from that which is insipid."― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin