This classic French Fruits Tart is a true natural delight with a great aroma of fresh fruits.
1 unbaked pie crust
butter for the mold
For the Filling
4 egg yolks
60g superfine sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
350 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°F (360°F).
2. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry dough and carefully place the dough into a tart pan. With a fork, poke little holes in the bottom of the dough.
3. Cover top of tart with wax paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until golden-brown. Cool on a wire rack.
MAKE THE CREAM
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch with a little milk. Pour onto the egg yolks, adds the rest of milk, and mix well. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickens.
5. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The wrap should be in contact with the cream to stop a crust forming.
6. Wash and cut the strawberries. Peel and slice the kiwis. Spread the cooled cream over pastry shell and arrange the strawberries and kiwis on top. Add the blackberries (optional). Serve child.
“Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food."― Amanda Comer