This classic Fruits Tart is a true natural delight with a great aroma of fresh fruits.
1 unbaked pastry shell
butter for the mold
400g (14 oz ) mandarins
For the Cream
4 egg yolks
4 Tbsp superfine sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 1/2 cups (350ml) milk
1 lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 180°F (360°F).
2. Roll out 2 disk of pastry, 30 cm for a 23 cm tart pan. Ease, lay it inside a pie plate. Press the dough into the pan so it fits tightly. Press the edges into the sides of the pan.
3. Cover top of tart with wax paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until golden-brown. Cool on a wire rack.
MAKE THE CREAM
4. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Mix the cornstarch with a little milk in a pan. Pour onto the egg yolks, adds the cornstarch, and mix well. Return the mixture to the pan, add lemon zest and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until thickens.
5. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The wrap should be in contact with the cream to stop a crust forming.
6. Peel and slice the kiwis and mandarins. Spread the cooled cream over pastry shell and arrange the mandarins and kiwis on top. Add the grapes (optional). Serve child.
“Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food."― Amanda Comer