This classic Fruits Tart is a true natural delight with a great aroma of fresh fruits.
1 pastry crust, Homemade or frozen
butter for the mold
For the Cream
4 egg yolks
4 Tbsp superfine sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
350 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
1 lemon, zest
Bake Pie Crust
1. Preheat oven to 180°F (360°F).
2. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry dough, 30 cm diameter for a 23 cm tart pan. Carefully place the dough into a 23 cm (9 inch) tart pan. Press the edges into the sides of the pan. With a fork, poke little holes in the bottom of the dough.
3. Cover top of pie crust with wax paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until golden-brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Make The Cream
4. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar, until they form a creamy texture.
5. In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch with a little milk in a pan. Pour into the egg yolks, add lemon zest, and mix well. Return the mixture to the pan, add lemon zest and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until thickens.
5. Pour the cream into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The wrap should be in contact with the cream to stop a crust forming. Let cool.
6. Peel and slice the kiwis and mandarins.
7. Spread the cream into pie crust. Arrange the mandarins and kiwis on top. Add the grapes (optional). Serve child.
Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food.― Amanda Comer