This pasta salad tossed with leek and bacon is very flavorful, delicious and easy to prepare.
250g (9 oz) pasta
3 leeks, whites only
2 Tbsp olive oil
200g (7 oz) bacon
salt and black pepper
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Stir in the salt. Add the pasta. Cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Clean the leeks, removing the dark green parts, and slice them into rounds.
3. In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the leeks gently for about 10 minutes, stirring half way through until they are tender. Transfer leeks to a plate (bowl). Set aside.
4. In the same skillet, brown the bacon without added fat.
5. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, leeks and bacon to make the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
“The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a star." ― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin