So easy and so delicious! The sweetness of the shortcrust pastry and the almond cream, along with the apricots that are juicy and sour at the same time to balance the rest. An absolute must-try!
Apricot tart is the perfect late summer dessert to enjoy when this fruit is in peak season.
Tips to make this tart
1. For this recipe you can use fresh apricots or canned, but the fresh apricots have more flavour.
3. There is no blind-baked (pre-baked) crust. You just fill the dough with the almond cream, top with peaches and then sprinkle it with sugar, and put it in the oven.
Prep: 20 min
Bake: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
10-12 ripe apricots, cored and sliced
1 Tbsp caster sugar
For the Almond Cream
50g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
1/2 tsp cornstarch
50g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and transfer it into a 23 cm (9-inch) tart pan. Fit into bottom and side of tart pan. Lightly, prick bottom of shell all over with a fork. Refrigerate until you prepare the cream.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar, almond powder and cornstarch. Add melted butter and eggs. Mix until it all becomes a cream.
3. Spread the almond cream in the bottom of the tart and arrange apricot slices on top. Sprinkle with sugar.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and scatter sliced almonds on top (or, do it mid-baking so they don't end up burning). Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until golden and bubbly.
5. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. - Mark Twain