By Feli Chic'Cuisine
A delicious apricot almond tart that is easy to prepare! This tart has a crisp, buttery crust spread with almond cream - Frangipane, and is topped with juicy apricots. Its flavor is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the shortcrust pastry, the almond cream, and the sourness of the apricots. This is an absolute must-try!
This is one of the easiest fruit tarts to make. A tart made only of Sweet shortcrust pastry, almond cream and fresh seasonal apricots. Almond cream - Frangipane is spread over the dough, then the sliced apricots are placed on top of the cream and put in the oven. A fairly simple tart to prepare and so versatile.
What is Frangipane?
There's nothing quite like the velvety almond cream that is frangipane. Frangipane can be easily made and is a mixture of butter, eggs, ground almonds, sugar, and usually a small amount of flour. It basically involves adding all of the ingredients at once, no matter how you do it. Sweet and nutty cream gives desserts a delicious richness and texture.
Tips to make this tart
1. This recipe works well with canned apricots or fresh fruit, but fresh fruit goes better with these tarts. Alternatively, you can use other fruits instead of apricots.
2. Pie crust: You can use a homemade pie crust or a store-bought one. If you have time and want to add even more quality to the tart, you can prepare a homemade sweet pie, but you can also use an already made one. There will be an equally delicious tart as a result.
3. There is no blind-baked (pre-baked) crust. Prick the crust from place to place with a fork, spread the almond cream on top, add the fruit, sprinkle with sugar, and bake.
Apricot tart is the perfect late summer dessert to enjoy when this fruit is in peak season.
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
1 sweet shortcrust pastry - pie crust
10-12 ripe apricots, cored and sliced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
For the Almond Cream
100g powdered sugar
100g butter, at room temperature
120g almond flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch (flour)
sliced almonds, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and transfer it into a 23 cm (9-inch) tart pan. Fit into bottom and side of tart pan. Lightly, prick bottom of shell all over with a fork. Refrigerate until you prepare the cream.
Prepare the almond cream - Frangipane Cream
2. In a large bowl using a mixer, or a bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until all is mixed and it becomes a cream. Then gently, incorporate the almond flour and cornstarch (flour), and mix to combine.
3. Spread the almond cream in the bottom of the tart and arrange apricot slices on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. - Mark Twain