A soft curd goat's cheese is one of the main ingredients of this savoury quiche, which is wonderfully smooth and light with the sweetness flavour of zucchini.
It’s the perfect quick side dish recipe, a fantastic option for a delicious breakfast or for weeknight dinners.
This vegetarian quiche made with only zucchini and goats cheese is the best quiche ever! Zucchini is a great low-carb, hydrating vegetable which makes it perfect for light meals.
A flaky, tasty crust is the key for any top quiche recipe. For an easy, delicious homemade pie crust try this Shortcrust Pastry recipe. You could also use a store-bought Shortcrust Pastry.
Healthy and simple, this quiche is the perfect quick and delicious dish recipe!
Prep.time :15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
1 (375g) Ready-rolled Shortcrust Pastry
3 zucchini, cut in round slices
2 Tbsp olive oil
200g crème fraiche
200 ml milk
250g goat cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (360)°F.
2. In a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat, and add the sliced zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini is just cooked through and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer the cooked zucchini to a plate. Set aside.
3. in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, crème fraiche (heavy cream / whipping cream), milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Unroll pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface, roll to a 30 cm (12-in.) circle. Transfer to a 23 cm (9-in) pie plate. Press the edges into the sides of the pie plate.
5. Spread zucchini evenly over bottom of pastry shell; dot with goat cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top.
6. Bake until puffed, lightly browned, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature before serving.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram!
“Taste, which enables us to distinguish all that has a flavor from that which is insipid."― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin