By Feli Chic'Cuisine
An ingredient of this savory quiche is a soft curd goat's cheese, which is smooth and light with a sweetness from the zucchini. This is the perfect dish for a quick side dish, a delicious breakfast, or a weeknight dinner. Indulge in a Quiche that will fill your kitchen with flavors.
Zucchini is a great low-carb, a hydrating vegetable, which makes it perfect for light meals. In addition, goat cheese is one of the healthiest cheeses, since it is soft and has a mild, neutral flavor that can be combined well with sweet foods, such as zucchini.
Moreover, goat's milk is lower in lactose than cow's milk, making goat's cheese easier to digest and better tolerated by those with lactose intolerances.
Making the perfect Quiche
Any Quiche recipe is incomplete without a flaky, tender, and buttery crust. This is the key to a delicious Quiche. I always prepare homemade pie crust that is not difficult to prepare, but the taste and quality is superior to a store-bought one.
If you want to make your own Shortcrust dough at home, which is not difficult to do, you only need three ingredients and a few tricks that you can find with the complete recipe here. Alternatively, you can use store-bought shortcrust pastry if you lack time.
Healthy and simple, this quiche is the perfect quick and delicious dish recipe!
Prep.time :15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
1 (375g) Ready-rolled (homemade) Shortcrust Pastry
3 zucchini, cut in round slices
250g goat cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
200g crème fraiche
200 ml milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (360)°F.
2. In a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat, and add the sliced zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini are tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the cooked zucchini to a plate. Set aside.
3. in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, crème fraiche, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Unroll pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface, roll to a 30 cm (12-in.) circle. Transfer to a 23 cm (9-in) pie plate. Press the edges into the sides of the pie plate.
5. Spread zucchini evenly over bottom of pastry shell; dot with goat cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top.
6. Bake until puffed, lightly browned, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature before serving.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram!
Taste, which enables us to distinguish all that has a flavor from that which is insipid ― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin