by Feli Chic'Cuisine
Colorful Vegetable Quiche is a tasty and healthy dish that is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. With a buttery crust and a savory filling made with a variety of fresh veggies, eggs, and cheese, this quiche is the perfect balance of healthy and indulgent. Plus, it's easy to customize based on your favorite vegetables and herbs. Whether you're making it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this vegetable quiche is sure to be a hit with your whole family. Give it a try and see how simple and delicious eating your veggies can be!
Quiche is a savory dish that originated in France and is now enjoyed worldwide. It typically consists of a pastry crust filled with a custard-like mixture of eggs and cream, cheese, meat or vegetables, and spices. The dish is baked until the filling sets, resulting in a rich and flavorful meal.
This delicious meal is often enjoyed for breakfast or brunch, but can also be served as a light lunch or dinner option. It can be made with a variety of ingredients, allowing for endless flavor combinations. Some common varieties include quiche Lorraine, which features bacon and cheese, and spinach quiche, which incorporates fresh spinach and other vegetables.
Quiche is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it a great option for entertaining or meal prep. It is often served with a side salad or fruit to balance out the richness of the filling. Quiche is also popular with those following vegetarian or gluten-free diets, as it can be easily customized to meet specific dietary needs.
Prep.time :25 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1 ( 375g) Ready-rolled Shortcrust Pastry (homemade)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced onion
1 cup grated Swiss cheese (Gruyere, Emmentaler)
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream/double cream/whipping cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Line a pie pan (23 cm /9-inch) with the pie crust. Press gently to fill the corners and extend the crust all the way to the edge. Crimp the edge. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped broccoli, red bell pepper, yellow pepper and onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy/double/whipping cream. Season with nutmeg and pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Spread the sautéed vegetables evenly over the cheese and pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
6. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving. This is so good served warm or cold!
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough".― Mae West
*All Photographs on Feli Chic'Cuisine, signed Feli Chic'Cuisine are copyrighted