A rich and flavorful cream cheese crust takes a quintessentially French dish to new heights in this bacon and cheese quiche.
1 package Pie Crust
125g (4 ounces), Brie cheese
125g (4 ounces), Swiss cheese, diced
10 slices bacon, cooked crisp
6 large eggs
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup sour cream
1 pinch nutmeg,
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Roll out the Pie Crust and ease, lay it inside a pie plate. Press the dough into the pan so it fits tightly. Press the edges into the sides of the pan.
3. Crumble cheeses in the bottom of the pie. Add Brie cheese, sliced. Spread crumbled bacon on top.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the whipping cream, sour cream. nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour into the pie pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
“Taste, which enables us to distinguish all that has a flavor from that which is insipid."― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin