These Berry Tart has an incredible harmony of flavors and is very easy to make.
This tart has a buttery shortbread crust and is simple to prepare.
This tart was made with frozen berries but fresh berries will be even more delicious.
Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 40 min
Total time: 1 h
185g butter, at room temperature
25 ml milk
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
For the Filling
150g whipping (double/heavy) cream
2 Tbsp sugar
30g ground almonds
30g pistachios, chopped
25g butter, melted
1/2 Tbsp flour
1/2 Tbsp Kirsch (fruit brandy)
200g berries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F / gaz 4). In a bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
Make the Crust
2. In a mixing bowl, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Gradually fold in the flour mixture. Add the milk and yolk, and continue to mix until a smooth dough forms.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry; press dough into a 25 cm tart pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
Make the Filling
4. In a bowl beat eggs until smooth. Add whipping cream, sugar, almonds, pistachios, melted butter, Kirsch and flour, and mix well.
5. Wash and drain the berries. Spread the berries over the bottom of the pastry. Pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden-brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. Sift powdered sugar over the top. Serve with fresh berries and whipping cream.
Note: If making the dough by hand: In a bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter chopped into cubes. Using your fingertips rub the flour into the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the yolk and milk, and mix to form a soft dough.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram!
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ― Lao Tzu