Very easy to make! This refreshing Berry Tart is a beautiful harmony of flavors.
Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 40 min
Total time: 60 min
185g butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon sugar
For the filling
150g whipping (heavy) cream
2 tablespoons sugar
25g ground almonds
30g pistachio, chopped
25g butter, melted
1/2 tablespoon flour
1/2 tablespoon Kirsch (fruit brandy)
200g berries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
2. In a mixing bowl, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Add milk and yolk, and mix well. Add sugar and salt. Fold in flour, and continue to mix until a smooth dough forms.
3. Lay the smooth dough inside a pie plate. Press the dough into the pan so it fits tightly. Press the edges into the sides of the pan. It is important to press the dough evenly into every nook and corner of the ring, especially the scalloped edges. Set aside.
Make the Filling
4. In a bowl mix the eggs until smooth; Add heavy cream and sugar, mix well. Add the ground almonds, pistache, melted butter, Kirsch and flour. Mix well, for two minutes.
5. Wash and drain the berries. Spread the berries over the bottom of the pastry, pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden-brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. Sift powdered sugar over the top. Serve with fresh berries, if desire.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ― Lao Tzu