Here, wonderful flavor salmon is turned into delicious entree!
1 kg (2 lb) salmon fillet
3 italian tomatoes, sliced
1 leek, white only
1 branch celery,
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 branch parsley
3 hard-boiled eggs
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup fresh dill leaf, chopped
3 Tbsp drained capers
salt and fresh granted pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C ( 375°F). Grease and line a terrine pan with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan put the salmon cubs. Add the leek, celery, parsley, onion and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked. Drain thoroughly the salmon, celery and leek. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk 4 egg whites until thick and mousse-like. Add egg yolks one at a time and stir until the mixture is blended and smooth.
4. In another bowl, combine the salmon (sliced with a fork), leek and celery finely chopped, drained capers, salt and pepper. Add the chopped dill. Pour the egg mixture and mix very well.
5. Cover bottom of pan with sliced tomatoes (Italian tomatoes). Pour the salmon mixture. Peel hard-boiled eggs and embed them in the stuffing. Finish with Italian tomatoes, sliced.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden-brown. Slip a knife around the edge and invert onto a serving plate.
7. Serve cold slices accompanied by mayonnaise if you wish.
“Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are" ― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin