by Feli Chic'Cuisine
Fresh, simple, quick, and delicious! This delightful No-Bake Coconut Almond Cheesecake has a coconut and almond crust and a refreshing lime cheese cream filling. An elegant and sophisticated cheesecake that isn't difficult to make.
A healthy, delicious, and easy dessert, this No-bake Cheesecake will surely become a new favorite! Made with fresh lime juice and zest, this Cheesecake has a tangy lime flavor with a perfect balance of sweet and sour.
Prep. Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 6 h
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups (150g) flaked coconut
3 Tbsp ground almonds
3 Tbsp butter melted
For the Filling
7 g (1 envelope) unflavored gelatine or 8 gelatine sheets
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup sugar
450 g (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp lime zest
1 1/2 cups whipping (having/double) cream
Make The Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line with parchment paper a 23 cm (9-in.) springform pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flaked coconut and almonds. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack - in the springform.
Make The Filling
3. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar and cook over low heat until sugar and gelatine are dissolved or until becomes creamy.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture. Add the lime juice and the lime zest.
5. In an another bowl, beat the cream until it forms peaks. Gradually, incorporate the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the crust and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. Decorate with lime zest and sliced almonds.
"A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe."-Thomas Keller