An elegant and sophisticated cake that isn't difficult to make. This delightful cheesecake has a coconut and almond crust and a refreshing lime cheese cream filling.
This Cheesecake has a tangy lime flavor with a perfect balance of sweet and sour.
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups (150g) flaked coconut
3 Tbsp ground almonds
3 Tbsp butter melted
For the Filling
7 g (1 envelope) unflavored gelatine
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup sugar
450 g (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp lime zest
1 1/2 cups whipping (having/double) cream
Make The Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line with parchment paper a 23 cm (9-in.) springform pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flaked coconut and almonds. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 -15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack, in the springform.
Make The Filling
3. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar and cook over low heat until sugar and gelatine are dissolved or until becomes creamy.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture. Add the lime juice and the lime zest.
5. In an another bowl, beat the cream until it forms peaks. Gradually, incorporate the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the crust and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. Decorate with lime zest and sliced almonds.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #felichiccuisine on instagram! Thank You!
"A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe."-Thomas Keller