A sophisticated cake but easy to prepare. This refreshing cheesecake's delicate flavour is complemented by a coconut and almonds crust.
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
3 Tbsp ground almonds
3 Tbsp butter melted
For the Filling
7 g (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup sugar
450 g (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp grated lime peel
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
TO MAKE THE CRUST
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F ( 180°C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 23 cm (9-in.) layer cake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flaked coconut and almonds and stir in melted butter.
3. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
4. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar and cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved or until becomes creamy.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
6. Add the lime juice, the peel and fold in whipped cream. Beat until the mixture is smooth. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
"A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe." Thomas Keller