This succulent shrimp tossed with hot pasta is an easy and delicious pasta dish that's simple, flavorful and incredibly hearty.
350g (12 oz) pasta shapes
250g (8 oz) shrimp, cooked and peeled
200g (5 oz) smoked turkey bacon strips, diced
1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and black pepper
For the Marinade
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon, finely grated rind
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp red Chili paste or 1 large pinch of Chili powder
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
Make the Marinade
1. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with garlic, lemon rind and juice, chili paste and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the Pasta
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and continue to boil 7-10 min, until tender. Drain the pasta in a colander. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add the shallot (onion) and half of white wine, and bring to a boil. Add the rest of wine. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until are tender.
4. Add the shrimp with its marinade and the smoked turkey bacon. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add pasta, chopped tomatoes and parsley. Heat gently and toss carefully. Serve immediately.
“The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor.”― Chinese Proverb