This succulent shrimp tossed with hot pasta is a delicious dish.
1 package of pasta shapes (350 g)
250g (8 oz) shrimp, cooked and peeled
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon - finely grated rind
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp red Chili paste or 1 large pinch of Chili powder
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
200g (5 oz) smoked turkey bacon strips
1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
8 Tbsp dry white wine
4 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the garlic, lemon rind and juice, chili paste and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Put the shallot or onion and half of white wine into a pan, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until are tender.
4. Add the shrimp with its marinade, the smoked turkey bacon cut them in dice and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add pasta with chopped tomatoes and parsley. Heat gently and toss carefully. Serve immediately.
“The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor.”― Chinese Proverb