Chocolate, toffee and espresso make mouthwatering combination in this recipe.
The yummy sweets are perfect for any party or gathering.
2 Tbsp instant espresso granules
1 cup boiling water
113g (1/2 cup) butter
250g (1 1/4 cups) sugar
2 large eggs
245g (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
25g (1/4 cup) baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate toffee bits
For the Coffee Frosting
500g (16 ounce) vanilla frosting
2 tsp instant espresso granules
semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water. Let to cool.
Make the Cupcake Batter
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In an another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold it into butter mixture, alternately with espresso; mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
4. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Make The Coffee Frosting
5. In a large bowl, combine frosting and espresso granules. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ― Charles M. Schulz