Chocolate, toffee and espresso make mouthwatering combination in this recipe. The yummy sweets are perfect for any party or gathering.
2 Tbsp instant espresso granules
1 cup boiling water
113g (1/2 cup) butter
250g (1 1/4 cups) sugar
2 large eggs
245g (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
25g (1/4 cup) baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate toffee bits
For the Frosting
500g (16 ounce) vanilla frosting
2 tsp instant espresso granules
semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water, cool.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In an another bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold into butter creamed mixture alternately with espresso mixture and mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
4. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for 30-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
MAKE THE FROSTING
5. In a large bowl, combine frosting and espresso granules. Frost cupcakes, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."― Charles M. Schulz