They are perfect little portions of pleasure for children and adults alike.
200g butter, softened
370g (1/4 cups ) caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
405g (2 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
1 cup (250ml) milk
For the Glaze
300g icing sugar
4-5 tablespoons of lemon, lime or orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
MAKE THE BATTER
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter (2/3 in height). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown or a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. After baking, let them rest for 5 minutes in the cupcake moulds before taking them out to cool down
MAKE LEMON GLAZE
4. In a large bowl, combine the icing sugar with lemon (lime or orange juice). Stir until smooth.
5. Cover the almost cooled cupcake heads with glazing by either dipping them into the glazing or brushing their tops.
“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ― Albert Einstein