Soft and fluffy, with a plush velvety crumb, this cupcakes are infused with elegant buttery and vanilla flavours. They are perfect little portions of pleasure for children and adults alike.
As the recipe is easy to follow, it is great for baking beginners!
For the Cupcakes
200g butter, softened
370g (1/4 cups ) caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
405g (2 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
1 cup (250ml) milk
For the Glaze
300g powdered (icing) sugar
4-5 Tbsp of lemon, lime or orange juice
For Frosting Topping - Buttercream for 12 cupcakes
140g unsalted butter softened
280g icing sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place cupcake liners in a standard muffin tin.
MAKE THE BATTER
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter (2/3 in height). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown or a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. After baking, let them rest for 5 minutes in the cupcake moulds before taking them out to cool down
MAKE THE GLAZE
4. In a large bowl, combine the powdered (icing) sugar with lemon (lime or orange juice). Stir until smooth.
5. Cover the almost cooled cupcake heads with glazing by either dipping them into the glazing or brushing their tops.
1. Beat the softened butter for a minute or two. Add in the icing sugar and beat until mixed
2 Gradually add the milk a little at a time until you get a smooth but still quite thick consistency.
3. Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes. Finish with any decorations
If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales. ― Albert Einstein