Here is a rich and very chocolatey dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. The coffee-flavored Chocolate Cheesecake is everything chocolate lovers desire: rich, moist, dense, and packed with chocolate. Moreover, it is easy to make, requiring no special ingredients.
A perfectly rich and creamy dessert that is irresistible and easy to make!
Prep. Time Bake Time Total Time. Serves
20 min 1h to 1h 10 min 1 h 30 min 8
For the Crust
150g (1 1/2 cups) chocolate wafer crumbs or Oreo cookies ground
70g (1/3 cup) sugar
6 Tbsp melted butter
For the Filling
120g (1/2 cup) heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
675g (24 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
200g (1 cup) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
170g (6 oz/1 cup) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Make the Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F). Place a greased 23 cm (9 inch) springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the wafers crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
3. In a small saucepan, combine cream and coffee granules. Cook and stir until granules are dissolved. Set aside.
Make the Filling
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla, add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 chocolate chips, and pour into crust. Sprinkle the top with remaining chips.
5. Place springform pan in a large backing pan. Add 2,5 cm (1 inch) of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 60 - 80 minutes or until the middle is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
6. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer, then remove sides of pan.
"There is no love sincerer than the love of food"- George Bernard Shaw