For the Crust
130g (1 1/2 cups) chocolate wafer crumbs
70g (1/3 cup) sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted
For the Filling
120g (1/2 cup) heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
3500g (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
200g (1 cup) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
170g (6 oz) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
TO MAKE THE CRUST
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F). Place a greased 23 cm (9 inch) springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the wafers crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
3. In a small saucepan, combine cream and coffee granules. Cook and stir until granules are dissolved. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla. add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chips.
5. Place springform pan in a large backing pan. Add 2,5 cm (1 inch) of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 60-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
6. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
"There is no love sincerer than the love of food"- George Bernard Shaw