Pumpkin is a great source of fibre loaded with nutrients that can boost your immune system. Learn how to make pumpkin puree at home with fresh pumpkin. Homemade pumpkin puree is easy, just simple bake, and puree! This is perfect to enjoy in your favorite Pumpkin Recipes.
Pumpkins have a range of fantastic health benefits:
Pumpkin is the best-known sources of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body turns into vitamin A. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure
The antioxidants in pumpkin could help prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
Pumpkin helps to control diabetes.
1 sugar (pie) pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) degrees.
2. Slice the pumpkin in half, crosswise through the stem. Remove seeds and pith (keep the seeds for later to roast).
3. Place on a baking tray, cut side down. Bake 35-40 minutes or until tender when pierced.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove skin with a knife.
5. Using a food processor or blender, puree until even and smooth.