Pumpkin is a great source of fibre loaded with nutrients that can boost your immune system. Learn how to make pumpkin puree at home with fresh pumpkin. Homemade pumpkin puree is easy, just simple bake, and puree! This is perfect to enjoy in your favorite Pumpkin recipes.
Pumpkins have a range of fantastic health benefits:
Pumpkin is the best-known sources of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body turns into vitamin A. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure
The antioxidants in pumpkin could help prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
Pumpkin helps to control diabetes.
2 small sugar (pie) pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) degrees.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half. Using a spoon scrape out the seeds and pulp from the center - keep the seeds for later to roast.
3. Place the sliced pumpkin on a baking tray. Bake 40-45 minutes or until light golden-brown; are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove skin with a knife or a teaspoon.
5. Mash the pumpkin flesh with a potato masher, or using a food processor or blender, puree until even and smooth.
6. Use the purée immediately for a pumpkin tart (any other pumpkin recipe) or store it in the freezer for later use.