This vegetable gratin is stringy and succulent. The mix of colors and flavors is truly amazing. On top of that, this is healthy, and a pretty quick recipe.
To make this dish even more delicious, I added mozzarella and breadcrumbs, and I seasoned it with garlic, parsley and parmesan.
Prep: 20-25 min;
Cooking time: 35-45 min;
3 large tomatoes, red and yellow
2 red onions
1 large potato
150 g of mozzarella
50 g breadcrumbs
For the Breadcrumbs Seasoning
1 Tbsp parmesan, grated
1 garlic clove
1 fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Wash the tomatoes, eggplants and zucchini. Trim the ends, and cut the vegetables into 0.5 cm (0.2 inch) slices. Set aside.
3. Peel the onions and the potato, and cut them in the same way.
4. In a rectangular ovenproof (about 26x18 cm) drizzle olive oil. Arrange the vegetable slices, one at a time and alternately, tightly and compactly. Occasionally insert a small piece of mozzarella between the slices.
Prepare the breadcrumbs:
5. In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumb, grated cheese, crushed garlic, chopped parsley and a pinch of salt.
6. Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs on top of the vegetables. Generously, drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 45 minute, until the vegetable are tender. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort ― Norman Kolpa