These mushrooms are delicious served hot. The flavor is wonderfully intense!
4 portobello mushrooms
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
225g (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
salt and black pepper
Parsley or oregano, dried (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F).
2. Remove the stems from portobello mushrooms and finely chopped them.
3. In a large pan heat the olive oil. Add the red onion, red bell pepper, stems mushrooms and the garlic. Season with salt, black pepper and oregano. Cook until tender.
4. Fill the mushrooms with the filling and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the top of the filling.
5. Place the mushrooms on a backing sheet. Bake them for 10 min or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm!
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”― Hippocrates