This creamy, quick chocolate pie not only melts in your mouth, it also melts any and all resistance to dessert.
1 unbaked pastry shell
For Chocolate Cream
200g marshmallow creme
185g semisweet chocolate chips
115g butter, cubed
65g unsweetened chocolate
2 Tbsp strong brewed coffee
240g (1 cup) heavy / whipping cream, whipped
240g (1 cup) heavy / whipping cream
1 Tbsp confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
2. On a floured surface, roll out 2 disk of dough into a 30 cm (12-inch) round. Ease, lay it inside a 23 cm (9-inch) pie plate. Press the dough into the pan so it fits tightly. Press the edges into the sides of the pan. It is important to press the dough evenly into every nook and corner of the ring, especially the scalloped edges.
3. Cover top of tart with wax paper. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CREAM
4. In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust.
MAKE THE TOPPING
5. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' (powdered) sugar. Beat until peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with grated chocolate.
“Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food."― Amanda Comer