by Feli Chic'Cuisine
The Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake is a dessert that combines the best of two worlds: the refreshing flavors of a margarita and the creamy indulgence of a cheesecake. This mouthwatering cake is a true delight for the senses, offering a harmonious balance of tangy, sweet, and creamy notes that will leave you craving for more. It's a dessert that brings together the best of both cocktails and desserts, offering a unique and unforgettable experience.
At first glance, you'll be captivated by its stunning appearance. A golden graham cracker crust forms the base, providing a satisfying crunch with each forkful. The magic truly happens when you take your first forkful. The creamy cheesecake filling is infused with the vibrant essence of lime juice and a touch of tequila, perfectly capturing the tangy and invigorating notes of a margarita.
The real star of this dessert is the vibrant strawberry topping that crowns the dessert, adding a burst of freshness that perfectly complements the richness of the cheesecake. Each bite offers a tantalizing combination of creamy, fruity, and tart sensations that will have you reaching for another slice.
In my opinion, cheesecake is undoubtedly one of the finest cakes in the world, regardless of its variant.
What sets cheesecake apart is its versatility. From bake or no-bake cheesecakes to elegant and refined cheesecakes adorned with delicate chocolate shavings or fresh fruit, to playful and inventive creations featuring cookies, caramel, or even decadent layers of chocolate, there is a cheesecake to suit every occasion and craving.
Whether enjoyed as a grand finale to a lavish dinner or as a sweet indulgence during a quiet moment of self-care, cheesecake never fails to deliver pure bliss. Its timeless allure has made it a beloved dessert worldwide, cherished by dessert enthusiasts of all ages.
Regardless of its variant, cheesecake reigns supreme as one of the finest cakes in the world, an ever-present delight that brings joy and satisfaction with every heavenly bite.
Margarita Cheesecake is a must-try!
The Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake is more than just a dessert; it's a celebration. This cake is an ideal treat for warm summer days, backyard gatherings, or any occasion that calls for a touch of elegance and indulgence. Its unique blend of flavors and beautiful presentation make it a conversation starter and a crowd-pleaser.
So, whether you're a fan of margaritas, cheesecakes, or simply crave a dessert that embraces the essence of summer, the Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake is a must-try. It's a tantalizing creation that will transport your taste buds to a world of pure delight and leave you with memories of a truly exceptional dessert experience.
It's a wonderful sweet and tangy dessert, perfect for spring and summer celebrations.
Non-Alcoholic Margarita Cheesecake
If you're looking for a substitution for tequila in this recipe, there are a few options you can consider:
1. Lime or lemon Juice or both: You can replace tequila and liqueur with an equal amount of fresh lime juice. oerlemon or both of them. Lime juice will provide a similar tangy and citrusy flavor that complements the cheesecake well.
2. Lime Extract: Start by using a small amount, such as 1-2 teaspoons, and adjust according to your taste preference.
When substituting tequila with non-alcoholic alternatives, the taste and overall flavor profile may vary slightly from the traditional Margarita Cheesecake, but it can still be a delicious and enjoyable dessert.
Prep. Time: 25 min
Bake Time: 55 min
Total Time: 1h 15 min
For the Crust
350g ground graham crackers
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
For the Filling
225g (8-ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sour cream
3/4 cup, plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (Cointreau)
2 Tbsp tequila
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
3 large eggs
For the Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp grated lime zest
thinly sliced strawberries
Make the Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line the bottom of a 9 inch (25 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Butter the parchment, as well as the sides of the springform. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground graham crackers and sugar. Add the melted butter and toss with a fork until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and evenly cover the sides and bottom of the pan with crumbs. Bake for 6 minutes, then remove and set aside.
Make the Filling
3. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually mix in the sour cream until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lime juice, tequila and Grand Marnier until just combined. Pour the filling over the cooked crust.
4. To minimize cracking, place springform pan in a large backing pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Add 2.5 cm (1 inch) of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the center is set. Turn the oven off and prop the door open about 4 inches. Let the cheesecake stand 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove the sides of the pan and let cool to room temperature on the rack.
Make the Topping
5. In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, lime juice, lime peel and sugar. Spread evenly over the cooled cheesecake. Arrange sliced strawberries and a slice of lime on the topping for garnish.
“I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” - Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye