Lemon-Liqueur flavored cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries is irresistible and easy to make!
For the Crust
3 large eggs
1 pinch salt
For the Filling
1 lemon, untreated, grated zest and juice
50g icing sugar
1 Tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur (optional)
TO MAKE THE BISCUIT
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (380°F). Line and butter the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper; as well as the sides of the springform. Sift the flour and mix with salt. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Set aside.
3. Separate the egg whites and yolks. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until pale and creamy. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
4. Fold the flour into egg yolks. Pour melted butter. Stir the egg whites into the yolk mixture. Mix everything quickly.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool in pan for 10 min. Remove the cake from pan to wire rack, and let cool completely
TO MAKE THE FILLING
6. In a medium bowl, whisk mascarpone, lemon juice, lemon peel and icing sugar. Add Grand Marnier liqueur (optional). Spread over the cooled cheesecake. Arrange sliced strawberries on the topping for garnish.
The root of this possibility of doing good - that we all have - is in creation. Pope Francis