This wonderful flavor of cooked salmon served with pasta, tossed together in a light dressing, make this a gourmet dish that will impress friends and family alike.
1 package of fettuccine or other long pasta (350 g)
450 g (1 lb) salmon fillets, without skin
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow pepper, diced
1000g (18 oz) baby spinach
1/2 cups vinaigrette balsamic
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
salt and black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water, according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cut the salmon fillets in cubs and brush it with olive oil. Salt and pepper. In a saucepan cook the salmon cubs over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan heat the remaining olive oil and add the yellow pepper and cook for 4 minutes or until it is softened. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is soft.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the pasta, the vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Mix to coat all the ingredients.
5. Serve with salmon cubs. Sprinkle with finely grated lemon zest.
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”- François de La Rochefoucauld