A layer of Italy and fun! Authentic ground beef lasagna and easy to prepare!
100g (1 stick) butter
300g (11 oz) lean ground beef
4 Tbsp white wine, dry
500g (18 oz) tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomatoes paste
150g (6 oz) grated Parmesan
300g (11 oz) lasagna sheets
200g (7 oz) mozzarella
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup half and half milk
sprigs parsley, chopped
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and black pepper
1. Heat 4 tsp (20g) butter in a pot and add the meat. Stir over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add the white wine and turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Add sliced tomatoes, tomatoes pasta, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Stir trough 4 ounce (100g) Parmesan. Set aside.
3. In a large pan of boiling, salted water, cook the lasagna sheets, for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, half and half milk and parsley.
5. Butter a deep ovenproof dish. Cover the bottom with a layer of lasagna. Then add a layer of meat-sauce, sprinkle with ricotta mix and some slices of mozzarella. Fill the dish with alternate layers of the lasagna, sauce, ricotta mix and mozzarella. Finish with a lasagna layer.
6. Melt the rest of the butter and pour over the lasagna. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
“Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort"― Norman Kolpa