Perfect for a quick, convenient and above all, an easy dessert! This great chocolate pizza is a soft and delicious brioche dough, embellished with chocolate, cream-butter and garnished with white chocolate and currants.
To make this recipe you need a Brioche dough. This classic French yeast dough is a very rich and buttery dough, and a cross between a pastry and bread.
Make your Brioche dough or use store bought dough. I made my own with this super simple Brioche dough recipe, but you can buy refrigerated Brioche dough or Shortcrust pastry.
400g prepared Brioche dough or Shortcrust pastry
20g butter, at room temperature
100ml whipping (heavy) cream
12 mint leaves (preserve 2-3 leaves to decorate)
50g powdered sugar (icing sugar)
2 tsp cocoa, unsweetened
50g dark chocolate, chopped
50g milk chocolate, chopped
200g red currants
1. Make brioche dough: Find recipe here:
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In small saucepan, bring to a boil the heavy cream and mint leaves. Pour it through a strainer to remove the mint leaves. Set aside and let cool.
4. Meanwhile, on lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 4 mm (1/4-inch) thickness, giving it an oval or round shape.
5. Transfer the dough to baking sheet. Sprinkle the dough with powdered (icing) sugar, cocoa powder and place dots of butter over the dough. Set aside for 20 min at room temperature.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with the mint flavored cream. Place in the oven and cook for a further 10 min, until the crust is baked, golden brown.
7. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Bake one last time for 1 min, until the chocolate will look only slightly melted. Serve warm with fresh currants!