A quick, easy, convenient, and most importantly, delicious dessert! The dough for this great chocolate pizza is a soft and delicious brioche dough, embellished with chocolate and cream-butter, and topped with white chocolate and berries.
To make this recipe you need a Brioche dough. This classic French yeast dough is a very rich and buttery dough, and a cross between a pastry and bread.
Use store-bought Brioche dough or make your own. A simple Brioche dough recipe I used can be found here.
400g Brioche dough
20g butter, at room temperature
100 ml whipping (heavy) cream
10 -12 mint leaves
50g powdered sugar
2 tsp cocoa, unsweetened
50g dark chocolate, chopped
50g white chocolate, chopped
To Serve and Decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In small saucepan, bring to a boil the whipping cream and mint leaves. Pour it through a strainer to remove the mint leaves. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, on lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 4 mm (1/4-inch) thickness, giving it an oval or round shape.
4. Transfer the dough to baking sheet. Sprinkle the dough with powdered sugar, cocoa powder and place dots of butter over the dough. Set aside for 20 min at room temperature.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the ''pizza'' from the oven and sprinkle with the mint flavored cream. Place in the oven and cook for a further 8 -10 min, until the crust is baked, golden brown.
6. Remove the ''pizza'' from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped dark and white chocolate. Bake one last time for 1 min, until the chocolate will look only slightly melted. Serve warm with fresh berries.
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much" - George Harrison