Chocolate Bundt Cake, with its rich chocolate flavor, is covered in chocolate ganache and topped with fresh raspberries. Chocolate lovers are sure to enjoy this dessert.
Chocolate and Devonshire cream beautifully complement the raspberry flavor in this dense cake.
Servings: 10 -12
For the Brownie Layer:
230g unsalted butter, plus more for pan
2 1/4 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (95g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup (115ml) milk
1/2 cup (113ml) sour cream
1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
raspberries, to decorate
For the Chocolate Ganache:
100g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy (whipping) cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Devonshire Cream:
85g cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 cup (250 ml) heavy (whipping) cream
Chocolate curls or other decorations
Prepare the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (325°F). Butter a Bundt pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, mix together milk and sour cream.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternate with the milk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 50 - 55 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare the Ganache
5. Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
6. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let stand one minute, then add butter and stir until smooth. Let stand, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Pour the ganache over cake.
Prepare the Devonshire Cream
7. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form.
8. Place the Bundt Cake onto a serving plate. Pour the softly Devonshire cream into the middle of the bundt cake. Arrange the raspberries randomly, or in a decorative pattern, on top of the cream. Decorate with chocolate, if desired.