These chocolate-caramel pretzel are the ultimate sweet and salty treat!
350g dark chocolate 70%, cut into pieces
300ml sweetened condensed milk
250 ml (1 cup) coarsely chopped pretzels
180 ml (3/4 cup) caramel spread
250g white chocolate, cut into pieces
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring condensed milk to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, and stir until all chocolate is melted. Let cool completely.
2. In a bowl, combine half of the pretzels with 80 ml (1/3 cup) caramel spread.
3. Line a 20cm (8-inch) square baking pan with parchment paper. Pour half of the mixture dark chocolate. Spread pretzels-caramel over chocolate layer. Top with remaining chocolate mixture.
4. In a saucepan, heat the rest of the condensed milk with 80 ml (1/3 cup) caramel spread and white chocolate until it is melted. Spoon evenly over dark chocolate layer.
5. In a bowl, mix the rest of the caramel spread with pretzels. Spread the mixture over white chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Cut into 16 squares.
''The heart, like the stomach, wants a varied diet.''- Gustave Flaubert