A delicious combination of sweet potatoes and fresh mozzarella that create an amazing dish.
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tsp fresh (or dried) thyme, divided
150g (1 1/4 cups) freshly shredded Gouda (or mozzarella) cheese
150g (1 1/8 cup) whipping (heavy) cream
2 small garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Cover the bottom of each muffin cup with a layer of sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with Gouda (mozzarella) cheese and thyme. Fill the muffin cups with alternate layers of sweet potatoes and shredded cheese. Finish with a sweet potatoes layer. sprinkle with thyme.
3. Microwave the heavy cream with garlic cloves, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp thyme at high, 1 minute. Pour cream mixture into muffin cups.
4. Cover the muffin pan with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around rim of each cup, and lift potato stacks from cups using a spoon or thin spatula. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”― Ruth Reichl