An unbelievably yummy dessert!
300g Raspberries, fresh or frozen
53g (1/3 cup) powdered sugar
melted butter, for greasing
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cornflour
5 egg whites
powdered sugar for dusting
1. In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries and 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes until raspberries are very soft. Using a wooden spoon, mash raspberries through a sieve; form a smooth puree (about 200 ml puree). Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Allow to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Generously butter 4 cup soufflé dishes and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon sugar to lightly coat sides and base of dishes.
3. In a large bowl, place 1/2 cup (125ml) cooled raspberry puree. Add egg yolks, flour and cornflour. Stir until combined.
4. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar until firm peaks form. Using a metal spoon, gently fold a large spoonful of egg whites through raspberry mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared cup soufflé dishes. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and light golden on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with remaining raspberry puree.
“Hunger of the heart is much stronger than hunger for food."― Amanda Comer