by Feli Chic'Cuisine
Indulge in the splendors of autumn with this delectable Apple Almond Pecan Cake - a true fall delight! With each mouthwatering bite, you'll savor the rich flavors of apple and walnut, complemented by the delightful crunch of almonds and pecans.
What sets this cake apart is its exquisite balance of flavors, reminiscent of a crisp, beautiful autumn day. To elevate the taste even further, I've incorporated a hint of almond extract that adds a subtle, yet distinctive touch.
As the crisp autumn air heralds the apple season, there's no better time to whip up this mouthwatering apple-themed recipe. To put the finishing touch on this cake, a light dusting of powdered sugar is all it needs. It's a delicious celebration of the season's bounty and the warmth of autumn in every slice.
Easy to prepare
Preparing this Apple Walnut Cake may seem sophisticated, but it's surprisingly straightforward! You won't need any fancy equipment; just a wooden spoon will do. Begin by combining the eggs and sugar, then gently incorporate the dry ingredients - both flour and almond flour, melted butter, diced apples, and coarsely chopped pecan nuts.
Thoroughly blend all the components, spread the mixture onto your prepared baking tray, and generously sprinkle pecans and flaked almonds over the top. Then, let it work its magic in the oven.
The result is a delightful treat that's unmatched in its simplicity and flavor.
Prepare the batter
Incorporate the apples and the pecan nuts
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 h 10 min Serves: 9-10
200g caster (granulated) sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (vanilla extract)
100g ground almonds
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g unsalted butter, melted
100g pecan nuts, ( 50g roughly chopped)
30g flaked almonds
2 tbsp brown sugar
vanilla custard, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4). Line a 20 x 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the eggs, sugar, almond extract and vanilla until smooth. Add the ground almonds, flour, baking powder and melted butter; mix together, until combined.
3. Core and cut 2 1/2 apples into 1cm dice, and roughly chop half of pecans (50g), then stir both into the mixture.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Slice the remaining 1/2 apple and arrange on top. Scatter over the whole remaining pecans and flaked almonds. Sprinkle over the brown sugar.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool, dust with powdered sugar, then cut into squares and serve.
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.” ― George Eliot