Pizza Calzone, the famous Italian pizza, soft and tasty!
For the Filling
1 cup marinara sauce
2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salami / Ham
1 1/2 cup pitted black olives
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
1 tsp italian seasoning
Egg wash (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (375°F).
2. Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal portions. Knead each of them for about a minute. Transfer onto a floured surface and let rise for about 5 minutes.
3. Take one pizza dough, roll it out into a thin circle. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Spread some tomato sauce over, leaving about 1.5 cm (0.5 inch) from the edge free from the sauce. Top with the mozzarella, salami, pepper, olives and goat cheese. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
5. Fold each round over itself to make a half-moon shape. Using the fingers, crimp the edges, sealing the calzone. Go all the way from one end to the other one.
6. In a small bowl, use a fork to beat the egg. Using a pastry brush, dab the top of the calzone with the egg mixture - that will help the top turn a beautiful golden brown.
7. Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and golden-brown. Serve immediately.
“All sorrows are less with bread." ― Miguel de Cervantes