This stuffed lemon pepper chicken wrap recipe is packed with flavor. These chicken wraps are perfect for taking to work.
500g thinly sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
zest of 1 lemon
4 burrito-size tortillas
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup sprouts, shredded
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to tast
1. Heat a large skillet over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with salt, black pepper, and lemon zest.
3. Add the olive oil and the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom side. Flip and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Slice the chicken into thin slices.
4. Lay out the four tortillas. Top each with ¼ of the warm chicken, leaving a one-inch border on the bottom of each tortilla and keeping the chicken to the center. Divide the red bell pepper, sprout, carrot and cucumber equally between the tortillas and arrange on top of the chicken.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon a little over each of the tortillas (on the toppings only).
6. Fold up the one-inch end of the tortilla. Then, roll fold in one side of the tortilla and roll tightly. Serve immediately.
“A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness." ― Elsa Schiaparelli