A moist, chocolate sponge, with an orange marmalade and cream-chocolate filling.
For the Biscuit
3 large eggs
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 pack vanilla sugar
3/4 cup (75g) flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup (25g) cornflour
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons orange marmalade
butter and flour for the mold
For the Filling:
750g whipping cream
2 tablespoons powder sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
1/3 cup (50g) grated chocolate
TO MAKE THE BISCUIT
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (175°C). Butter and flour a 8 or 10 inch (20-25 cm) round pan. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and cornflour.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks. In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 3 tablespoons cold water until stiff. Add sugar gradually, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites hold stiff, Beat in vanilla. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Gently fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
4. Whip cream, sugar and vanilla till thick, then fold in the grated chocolate.
5. Place the cake onto a serving plate. Split the cake into 2 layers horizontally. Spread the first layer cake with orange marmelade and cream followed alternately with a layer of cake, and finishing with a layer of cream.
6. Spread the remaining cream over the sides of the cake. Decorate with mango slices and chocolate.