Mango Cake is a chocolate sponge cake with a filling of chocolate whipped cream, orange marmalade, and mangoes on top.
This cake is a delicious summer dessert, but can also be enjoyed year-round.
For the Biscuit
3/4 cup (75g) flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup (25g) cornflour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 large eggs, separeted
3 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 pack vanilla sugar
butter and flour for the pan
For the Filling:
750g (2 1/2 cups) whipping cream
2 tablespoons powder sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
1/3 cup (50g) grated chocolate
6 tablespoons orange marmalade (jam)
Prepare the Biscuit
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (325°F). Butter and flour a 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and cornflour. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 3 tablespoons cold water until stiff. Gradually, add sugar beating constantly ,until sugar is dissolved and whites hold stiff. Stir in vanilla. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the Filling
4. Beat cream, sugar and vanilla sugar until thick, then fold in the grated chocolate.
5. Place the cake on a serving plate. Split the cake into 2 layers horizontally. Spread the first layer cake with orange jam and cream followed with a layer of cake, and finishing with a layer of cream.
6. Spread the remaining cream over the sides of the cake. Decorate with mango slices and grated chocolate.