This simply dish is a classic, hugely popular that will melt in your mouth. The combination of rosemary and lemon has a wonderful Mediterranean flavor.
1 whole chicken, preferably free-range and organic
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp salt
1 lemon, sliced
2 tsp garlic, minced
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Rinse the chicken under cold water and dry with paper towels.
3. Season the chicken inside and outside with salt and black pepper. Rub with melted butter.
4. Stick the lemon halves inside the chicken, along with the minced garlic. Place small pieces of lemon and garlic underneath chicken skin (lift up to stick butter and herbs under).
5. Place the chicken on the rack, breast-side up. Roast for for 50-55 minutes or until the skin is golden-brown. Serve immediately with potatoes..
“The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death.” ― E.M. Forster