by Feli Chic'Cuisine
The flavors of apricot and the fragrant cinnamon spice harmonize beautifully in this delicate Cinnamom Apricot Soufflé. The wonderful flavor of this soufflés saves the day!
Cinnamon Apricot Soufflé is as light as a cloud and full of sweet apricot jam, flavoured with lemon and cinnamon. A dusting of icing sugar and fresh fruit completes this visually spectacular but surprisingly easy treat.
Prep. Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup apricot fruit jam
1/2 lemon, grated
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
extra cinnamon, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F). Butter four individual soufflé dishes and lightly dust them with flour.
2. In a bowl, put the yolks, fruit spread, grated lemon and cinnamon. Whisk until the mixture is thick and pale in colour.
3. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until peak form.
4. Using a spatula, gradually and gently fold the egg withes into the yolk mixture.
5. Divide the soufflé between the prepared dishes and bake for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Serve immediately, dusted with a little extra cinnamon.
“When engaged in eating, the brain should be the servant of the stomach." ― Agatha Christie