The soufflés, they really could't be easier, and, best of all, they are very low in calories.
1/2 cup apricot fruit spread
1/2 lemon, finely grated rind
1/2 ground cinnamon
extra cinnamon, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F). Lightly grease four individual butter cup soufflé and dust them lightly with flour.
2. Separate the eggs. Put the yolks in a bowl with the fruit spread, lemon rind and cinnamon. Whisk hard until the mixture is thick and pale in colour.
3. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until thick and mousse-like.
4. Using a large metal spoon or spatula, fold the egg withes evenly into the yolk mixture.
5. Divide the soufflé. Pour mixture between the prepared dishes and bake for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Serve the soufflé immediately, dusted with a little extra cinnamon.
“When engaged in eating, the brain should be the servant of the stomach." ― Agatha Christie