The flavors of apricot and fragrant spice harmonize beautifully in this delicate dish. The wonderful flavor of this soufflés saves the day!
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup apricot fruit jam
1/2 lemon, grated
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
extra cinnamon, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F). Butter four individual soufflé dishes and lightly dust them with flour.
2. In a bowl, put the yolks, fruit spread, grated lemon and cinnamon. Whisk until the mixture is thick and pale in colour.
3. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until peak form.
4. Using a metal spoon or spatula, gradually and gently fold the egg withes into the yolk mixture.
5. Divide the soufflé between the prepared dishes and bake for 15 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Serve immediately, dusted with a little extra cinnamon.
“When engaged in eating, the brain should be the servant of the stomach." ― Agatha Christie