These intriguing Chicken Rolls may sound a bit fussy for everyday eating, but actually they take very little time.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
800g mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
4 tsp mustard à l'ancienne
salt and black pepper
1. Drain the chicken breasts and rinse with cold water.
2. Cut these into two if they are too large. Place the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound with flat side of meat mallet.
3. Season each chicken breast with salt and black pepper, Rub the mustard à l'ancienne all over; add the garlic and the cheese cut into strips.
4. Roll up each chicken breast and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
5. In a large saucepan add the olive oil and cook the chicken rolls over medium heat for 8 -10 minutes or until they are light golden brown.
“Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.” - Voltaire