Chicken thighs tossed in a garlic sauce, make this a gourmet dish. Serve this tasty dish with polenta.
1 chicken (can use chicken wings)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
5 large cloves of garlic, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 cups water
1 cup cornmeal
1. Generously season the chicken with salt (kosher salt) and fresh ground pepper.
2. In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the chicken thighs. Cook until the skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle paprika over the chicken and add the water (to cover the meat). Add the chopped parsley. Bring to a boil. Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Cook over medium-high heat for 30-45 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to half. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
TO MAKE POLENTA
4. In a large sauce pot, add cold water, salt and cornmeal, stirring.
5. Simmer over medium heat. When the polenta begins to thicken turn the heat to low and stir quickly until it's done.
6. Serve the chicken garlic sauce accompanied by polenta.
“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations".― Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance