75g unsalted butter, melted
175g peanut biscuits (eg. Leibniz)
For the Filling
8 ounces (800g) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 cup (200g) sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 eggs, medium size
4 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 cup whipping cream
For the Caramel
2/3 cup (125g) sugar
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup whipping cream
For the Chocolate Glaze
1/2 cup whipping cream
3,5 oz (100g) bittersweet chocolate
2 Tbsp coconut fat
1. Preheat the oven to165°C (325°F). Butter and flour a 23 cm (9 inch) springform. Place the springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan.
2. Place the peanut biscuits in a large ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
3. In a medium bowl, combine crushed peanut biscuits with melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate.
MAKE THE FILLING
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cornstarch; add eggs; beat on medium speed just until combined.
5. Remove 1/3 of cream cheese, in a medium bowl. Stir in cocoa.
6. In a large bowl, whip cream till thick. Gently, fold 1/3 of cream in the cream cheese-cocoa mixture. Stir the remaining cream in the cream cheese-eggs mixture.
7. Pour the cream chese-cocoa mixture in the prepared pan, over bicuits crust and gently smooth with an offset spatula. Pour the second layer of cheese cream-eggs and gently smooth with an offset spatula.
8. Place springform pan in a large backing pan. Add 2,5 cm (1 inch) of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes (leave the cake in the springform). Refrigerate over night.
MAKE THE CARAMEL
''The heart, like the stomach, wants a varied diet.''- Gustave Flaubert