This delicious pizza layers with bacon and cheese is quick and easy. The whole family will love this!
450g (1 pound ) prepared Pizza dough, at room temperature
230g (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked and crumbled
400g Italian crushed tomatoes
1 garlic cloves
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
fresh thyme leaves
220g (2 cups / 8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese or mozzarella
salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet over moderate heat add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add in the bacon and cook it stirring until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
2. Combine the crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Put them in a skillet and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 450°F (240°C).
4. Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 23 cm (9-inch) round on a lightly floured surface.
5. Spread a layer of tomato sauce mixture, then top evenly with bacon, the Swiss cheese or mozzarella and olives. Sprinkle fresh thyme leaves. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." ― Mark Twain