The wonderful flavor of orange and ricotta makes these fish the catch of the day.
4 (100g each) Sole fish fillet
1 tsp butter
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 jalapeño pepper
4 shallot, finely chopped
5 cm cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp parsley
2 Tbsp orange zest
fresh grounded pepper
2 Tbsp water
For Mascarpone Sauce
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup dry white wine
3 tsp dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F). Lightly rinse the sole fillet and dry on absorbent paper.
MAKE MASCARPONE SAUCE
2. Melt butter in a skillet. Add cornstarch, stirring constantly with a whisk until blended. Add the mascarpone cheese. Stir slowly while you add the dry white wine. When the cheese and wine is blended thoroughly, add the dried basil. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, add the butter and sauté for 1 minutes. Add the mix of the tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, onions, and parsley. Season with pepper.
4. Meanwhile, In a bowl mix the ricotta, 1 tablespoon of orange zest and cucumber. Add in the mix of onion-tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle fillets with pepper. Spoon ricotta mixture on fillets; roll up and fasten with a toothpick.
6. Place the fillets in a baking dish. Combine the rest of zest (1 tsp) with water and pour over fillets, Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with mascarpone sauce or rice, if desired.
“In the hands of an able cook, fish can become an inexhaustible source of perpetual delight." ― Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin