A creamy, velvety dish with delicious depth of flavor.
8 waxy yellow potatoes
30 raw prawn, fresh or frozen, scrubbed
1 1/3 cups mascarpone
4 Tbsp sour cream
225g (1 cup) Gouda cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 sprigs parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper
parsley or oregano, dried (if desired)
1. Wash, peel and cut in the cubes, the potatoes. Place the diced potatoes in a saucepan. Pour boiled water over the potatoes. Place the pot over a hot flame to continue simmering until tender—about 5-10 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large bowl, mix the prawns with the olive oil, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix the mascarpone, gouda cheese and sour cream. Set aside.
5. Put the prawns with its marinade into a large pan. Sauté (fry while tossing gently) the prawns over high heat, 2-3 minutes or until they begin colour slightly.
6. Generously butter a baking dish. Add the potatoes, spread over the prawns and the mix of mascarpone, gouda cheese and sour cream.
7. Smooth over with a palette and fluff up with a fork. Bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”― Hippocrates