A refreshing cool and creamy soup made with potatoes and watercress is a lovely and delicate addition to a comforting and slimming dinner.
These beautiful, healthy watercress soup is packed with nutrients and flavour.
200g (12 oz) potatoes, diced
2 leeks, finely sliced
2 bunches watercress, coarsely chop
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 cups water
5 Tbsp heavy cream
salt and ground pepper
1. Peal, wash and slice the potatoes. Set aside.
2. Wash leeks toughly. Remove the green part and finely slice the whites.
3. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the leeks over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the diced potato and water, Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Wash, drain and coarsely chop the watercress. Add to the saucepan and bring back to a boil for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
6. Blend the soup. Add cream and grated nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
“You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.”― Ruth Reichl