2 1/2 cups (300g) flour
1/2 packet baking powder
8 oz (250g) butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (175g) sugar
7 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp strawberry jam
For the Filling
1/4 cup (45g) sugar
8 sheets white gelatin
6 cups (150g each) sour cream
1 cup (250g) whipping cream
2 packet vanilla sugar
1 Charentais melon (about 800g)
1 Galia melon (about 800g)
2 cans, 11 oz, each (315g each) Mandarin, Oranges
2 packets clear glaze
For the Glaze
2 packets clear Glaze
5 Tbsp sugar
2 1/4 cups Mandarin, Oranges juice
2 1/2 cups water
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (175°C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 37x32 cm, rectangular springform pan. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the milk. Gradually and gently, fold in the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside. Heat the strawberry jam and spread it on the cake.
Make the Filling
3. In a saucepan, put the gelatin in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes, until it becomes soft.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the sour cream and 1/4 cup (45g) sugar until smooth.
5. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets. In a saucepan, dissolve the gelatin over low heat. Gradually stir into the sour cream. Refrigerate.
6. In a bowl, whip the cream with vanilla sugar until firm. Fold whipped cream into sour cream. Spread over cake. Arrange the fruits (drained and sliced) over the surface of the cream.
Make the Glaze
7. In a saucepan heat the juice, water, and sugar. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Add the clear Glaze. Allow to cool slightly. Pour over the fruits. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Decorate with cream, mint leaves and red jam.