Easy to prepare! This non-bake dessert capture some of the best parts of the holiday season.
For the Crust
250g sponge cake, crumble
1/2 orange juice
40g milk chocolate, melted
50g margarine, melted
For the Filling
4 tablespoons cappuccino powder
125ml heavy cream, whipped
1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
For the Glaze and Fruit Topping
1/2 cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons water
assorted fruit (apricots, strawberries, mandarin, peaches, blueberries, raspberries) - sliced into wedges
TO MAKE THE CRUST
1. Grease and line with parchment paper a 9-in. springform pan.
2. Using a double boiler or bowl over hot water, melt the chocolate.
3. In a medium bowl, crumble the sponge cake. Stir in 1/2 orange juice, melted margarine and melted chocolate. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
4. In a small sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with sugar until that is smooth.
6. In a large bowl, cream the mascarpone with cappuccino powder. Gradually beat in dissolved gelatin. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
TO MAKE THE APRICOT GLAZE
7. In a small saucepan heat apricot jam and water. Stir well to melt. Strain liquid and discard any pulp. Place liquid back in saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes to thicken. Allow to cool slightly.
8. Arrange the fruit over the surface of the cream. Dip pastry brush into apricot glaze and lightly brush the surface of the fruit to give an attractive shine.
“The root of this possibility of doing good - that we all have is in creation.” Pope Francis