Marble cake is a moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls so every bite is chocolatey and sweet. This cake is great with a cup of coffee or tea, and you can just eat them anytime of the day
For the Cake
220g (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g (7 oz) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
200g (7 oz) powdered sugar (confectioners sugar / icing sugar)
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
10 mandarin, peeled and segmented
For the Topping
600 g heavy/whipped cream
40g (4 Tbsp) sugar,
1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
MAKE THE CAKE LAYER
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (330°F). Line with parchment paper a 23cm (9-in.) springform. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternate with the milk. Mix until just combined.
3. Divide the batter into two portions. Stir the cocoa powder into one portion and mix well. Transfer the plain batter into the prepared springform. Shake it lightly to distribute evenly. Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of baking pan, and lightly swirl the cocoa batter with a butter knife. Place half of the mandarin, sliced over the batter.
4. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack .Cool completely.
MAKE THE TOPPING
5. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar and cocoa till thick.
6. Spread over the cake. Arrange the rest of the mandarins (sliced) over the cream.
''All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.'' – Walt Disney