This sophisticated but easy to make, Duck à l'Orange is a classic, hugely popular recipe from France that will melt in your mouth.
1 whole duck
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp melted butter
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/3 cups honey
3 Tbsp orange zest
salt and black paper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Rinse the duck under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Season the duck inside and outside with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Rub with melted butter.
3. Place on the rack of the roasting pan, breast-side up. Roast for 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix the orange juice, zest, chicken stock and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
5. Remove the duck from the oven and brush to glaze the duck. Pour the rest in bottom of a roasting pan. Coat with orange sauce every 10 minutes.
6. Put it in the back of the oven for a final 40-45 minutes or until the skin is golden. Serve immediately with orange sauce.
“Food, a French man told me once, is the first wealth. Grow it right, and you feel insanely rich, no matter what you own.” ― Kristin Kimball