Easy to prepare! This non-bake and refreshing cheesecake is a beautiful harmony of flavours.
For the Crust
150g butter biscuits, crushed
4 tablespoons hazelnuts
110g butter, melted
For the Filling
500g (low-fat) yoghurt
8 red gelatin sheets
250ml whipping cream
30g bitter chocolate, to decorate
TO MAKE THE CRUST
1. Grease and bottom line with parchment paper a 8-in. springform pan.
2. Place the hazelnuts in a skillet and toast over medium heat for a few minutes, until they are close to toasted (not quite fragrant).
3. Place the butter biscuits in a large ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Repeat the procedure for hazelnuts.
4. In a bowl, combine crushed butter biscuits, crushed hazelnuts, and stir in melted butter.
5. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
6. In a saucepan, put the sheets of gelatin in cold water, and let them soak for about 5-6 minutes.
7. Drain the cranberries. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt and sugar. Add the cranberries, reserving 2 tbsp berries for decoration.
8. Gently squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin with 3-4 tablespoons of yoghurt cream over low heat. Gradually stir the disolved gelatin in yoghurt-cranberry mixture.
9. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold into yoghurt-cranberry mixture. Pour over biscuit-hazelnut crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Decorate with cranberries and grated chocolate.
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." George Harrison